There - I've said it. Not that I don't say it under my breath at least a dozen times a day. I don't know how to stop that. I'm trying to be good. But today I had a breakthrough and spoke a bit of my mind. To sum it up, I ended with "This is who I am - I'm outspoken, I'm opinionated, and when I see something that's not working I'm going to speak up. I'm not a doormat...," and I swear I think I heard "Respect" playing as I walked out of the teacher's lounge. You could've heard a pin drop as I went completely off on issue #1,203 that I have with this school. It felt good - yes, I was Bridget strutting out of Daniel Cleaver's office and off to my new job in television - wait, I don't have that yet. But... you get the picture. Now, of course, I'm wallowing in a bit of regret, sipping my cheap merlot and trying to remember my exact words and to whom I might need to apologize tomorrow... oh, to hell with it. I'm weary of playing the role of complacent, submissive, passive little people-pleasing new girl. That girl left today.
TGIF has never been so poignant to me as it has been this year of my life.
Thursday, November 18, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment