The tornado warnings have passed now, but the rain continues to fall. Steadily, not too violently, just a nice storm providing the soundtrack to my sick day at home.
Ah, the sick day. I took a professional day Tuesday (that's what we call a day when we get to pretend we're really "professionals") and attended a writing workshop/conference in Nashville. It wasn't an inspiring writing conference in the least. But I was out of school! I got to sleep an extra 45 minutes! I got to have breaks and go out to a restaurant for lunch! So THIS is how the other half lives. Well, you'd think that a 4-day week in school would be good enough, but no, my body said, "let's just do 3." So I found a sub last night and took today off to let this weird viral-type thing have its way with me. My fever broke last night and I think today I'm actually back to semi-normal - just a little on the weak side. I probably could've been at school, but my time of reading, journaling, and drinking coffee - well, that was a gift that I think was well worth being off to have.
I hope that your day, your week, whatever it has looked like, has been as sustaining. I am thankful for time to reflect on what is important, how I've been blessed, and how much I love skipping school, even if it means feeling a bit under the weather.
Thursday, January 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
so do you miss me yet? hmmm?
Post a Comment