I enjoyed myself immensely. In fact, I set up a girls' night for work colleagues that same weekend which just came to fruition yesterday (went well) - but the day after, I got the BLUES. And they have yet to leave me. My contentment rating with being single and unattached is very seasonal, and I am currently in a frustrated season with it all.
But I bought something last week that helped a little bit, a video Ipod Nano, that along with my new, sparkly, flat-screen TV, am pretty much in love with. (Love the one you're with, right?)

I've also become Amazon.com's best customer. I've ordered near 30 items in the last 6 weeks. I'm currently reading The Thirteenth Tale,

and I've become quite the historical fiction geek, devouring books by Philippa Gregory that have caught my eye at bookstores for years, including The Other Boleyn Girl, The Queen's Fool, and now, The Constant Princess.

I'm going to a Young Life camp next weekend in a Head Leader role. It's with Nashville's YL, and it's to SharpTop Cove in north Georgia, one of the few YL camps I've never visited. I'm pretty excited, pretty humbled to be asked, and overall, unsure of how it's all going to transpire. Therefore, I will not muse on the possible outcome prematurely, but rather, I will write about it when I return. I can't believe I'll actually be doing something, going somewhere, in a serving capacity again, not in an all-about-me-I-just-need-to-get-away whatever mode.
For Halloween, the teachers in the English dept. are all dressing up like elementary school teachers (holiday sweaters and denim jumpers are coming OUT.) I'll try to get a picture up here.
Until next week... I'll be on I-tunes. Cheers.

No comments:
Post a Comment