
Thanks to Thaddeus Glapp, I have an idea now for NaNoWriMo that I am starting to daydream about. I have a week until go time, and I am excited about the endeavor of writing every day for a month. I do have an out-of-town trip coming up Nov. 13, and the fam is coming for a visit the next weekend, so I will have some days where I will be truly cramped for time to write, which means I will have to have longer days thrown in to make up for it if I have a day of no writing. Hmm. Discipline will be called upon. Will she answer? Will she even recognize my number and pick up?
In other news, my student teacher will be taking over teaching full time starting Monday, Nov. 2, and from what people tell me, if I play it right, I will be in for a good four or five weeks of serious lack of responsibility: planning and grading time outside of school in particular. This is very exciting to me. In a way I feel like the timing of this writing challenge coinciding TO THE DAY with my student teacher taking over my classes is rather prescient. Fortuitous, even. It feels like the door is open to me to have fun with it, and I do like the idea of being tied to my computer for a bit, especially if I am enjoying the story I'm creating.
So before I go to get ready for my good friends' wedding at 3, I'm going to drink some coffee and do some plot outlining and character descriptions and really try to flesh out a bit of this story so that I'll be more than ready to dive in next Sunday. I'm excited and hopeful.
Storming onward.

No comments:
Post a Comment