
Yep, today is the unofficial 7th snow day: unofficial because kids are already out today because it's President's Day, and today was supposed to be Professional Development for staff. This day won't count against our 10 days (Davidson County - Nashville - only had 5 snow days built in, so they've already lost a day on Spring Break or summer.)
Anyway, this lucky #7 is particularly sweet for how much I abhor these district workdays, and also because the roads are actually REALLY BAD today, and I was gearing up to drive on the layer of ice covered with snow on the side roads to school... some of the surrounding highways are already shut down, and yet they did not call us to give us the day off until 6:40! I was showered, coffee brewing, lunch packed when I got that call. So thankful, since I watched a big ol' Dodge truck slide in front of my house this morning.
Mmm, this coffee is particularly sweet this morning. Of course I can't just go back to bed now that I'm up and about. Maybe a little nap is in order later today. Right now giant flakes are falling, the wind is whipping, and I am dressed in head to toe fleece with a pretty good hair day going on, sitting on my couch watching the Today Show Olympic coverage. Happiness.
Some grading is certainly in order today, as is my Donald Miller book that I've only read one chapter of. And the continued project of cleaning out my closet continues. I've watched a few episodes of "What Not to Wear" lately, and as I touch each piece of clothing, I can hear what Stacy and Clinton would say about it, and I am being ruthless in getting rid of things that do me no favors, or aren't in good shape, or worst of all, I haven't worn in a long time. That is some good therapy right there, especially for someone with my kind of clothes problem.
Also, I'm happy to report I've lost 5 1/2 pounds in the last week. I have started a new eating plan, very similar to weight watchers, but a little more structured, and it's been super encouraging and not too terribly difficult. Results certainly help. So I'm back to 39 pounds down (6 to lose before I'm back to my previous 45 pound loss, and then from there, another... oh, quite a few to go. But I'm on that road. It feels good.
It's not even 8:00 and the whole day is ahead of me. I embrace it and hope in it.

2 comments:
I just came across your interesting, well written blog and enjoyed it! Please feel free to check out my blogs, if you wish! As a new blogger, I am still learning how to blog! Best wishes and God bless!
Thanks for your kind comment, Richard! I really appreciate it. Your blog is interesting, too (I vote for Edwards being the worst, though Sanford's whole "soulmate" speech was abhorrent.)
Post a Comment