Sunday, December 05, 2004

Another rainy day...and KARAOKE

I swear it rains here damn near every day, at least for a bit. A downpour or a sprinkle, at some time every 24 hours it has to precipitate. Where are all these wussy "snow days" I had heard so much about? I'm not missing any school, and that needs to change soon.

Well, kids, I think it's official that I can die now because I've finally, after years of wanting to and begging non-singing friends to... I sang karaoke in a public, non-school or Young Life camp venue. Oh friends, it was all that I'd hoped for. Glorious fun with a diverse, talented little crowd. My debut into the world of karaoke came at the Franklin Bowling Alley - ah yes, they have a sports bar with Friday night karaoke (and pretty mediocre margaritas, I might add.) :( But the drinks didn't matter, because everyone was smoking and laughing and dueting and egging on and diva-ing and soloing - and really, we were by far the best table in the house. hmmm... won't go into every song I sang (some are harder to sing than I remembered from singing in my car...) but my personal highlights were "Flood" by Jars OF COURSE with Steve's friend Anne - we kicked that song's ASS. And I did "OOPS! I Did it Again" by the talented Britney Spears. I messed up a couple of times, but hey - I hadn't rehearsed or anything. Hopefully, a new tradition has begun... we'll see. TOO MUCH FUN. Really. Freaking Heaven for me, really. You know this. If you weren't there - well, you should've been.

Last night I went to Casa Mason for "Breakfast for Dinner" goodness: sausage and divine pancakes (Chef Steve on the new griddle) (crowd roars) and yummy hot chocolate, and a kick-off-the-season viewing of The Grinch cartoon and Miracle on 34th Street. Very fun. Very home-y holiday-ey. (I'm making up words I need.)

Church today - strange because I feel like everyone seemed a little down. A little quiet and burdened. It made me sad. I miss my friends here that I don't see so much. Summer was quite a fantasy-land with friends-time, I guess. I hope that I can make connections this week to check on people. And on that note... I'm done checking up on myself, and I'm off to bedfordshire. Have a good week, good readers.

No comments: