Friday, December 24, 2004

Christmas Eve

Hello - time for a quick note - it's the day before Christmas, and I'm taking a quick moment to be ALONE, apart from the madness that is my home, the madness which is soon to be quadrupled by going over to my aunt and uncle's. My brother and his girlfriend just got in about an hour ago from Charleston - this is a first for us (how sad, when you think about it) bringing home a girlfriend or a boyfriend for the holidays. Fun for me, except that now I feel like I have to look presentable Christmas morning - ugh. Y-know, I'll probably BRUSH MY TEETH before going down to open presents. Annoying time-waster, that hygiene. My mom is going to be taking some serious I-don't-know-what-kind-of-medication so she can get through the stress of - EGADS! - hosting a STRANGER in our HOME for CHRISTMAS. I've been trying to help with the cooking to ease her stress a little bit, but honestly, some people just THRIVE on being stressed.
Hmm. Well, I need to go reapply my eye makeup before going to the big family shindig because with my brother in the house, and with that girlfriend to impress, well, I have already laughed myself into tears in the first hour he's been here.
More later-
Happy Christmas Eve!
C

No comments: