Wah, wah, and wah. Glad I got that last post out of my system. It's such a HORRIBLE life having two months off per year and having no one to check in with on my whereabouts or how I'm going to spend my money.
Today I spent $185 of my money on fixing my clothes dryer. Please come over and listen to how quietly my clothes dryer runs now! I want to show it off! Before, as I turned it on, I would do a countdown ("3...2...1...) because it sounded JUST like an actual rocket at launch, shaking our entire apartment and making it damn near impossible to have a conversation or watch TV at any sort of normal level of volume. Now, though, it purrs. Don't know if it will still dry anything, but it sounds wonderful.
Sad, though, what 185 coulda bought me. An Ipod shuffle, a bread machine, almost a new windshield for my poor baby car, hey - it could've helped with next month's double rent since I'm moving! No, silly me, I should know that any financial planning I try to do goes to pot once I get a little comfortable with how the plan is going. Ah - why am I surprised?
Tomorrow I'm going to hear Chris Thile - he's in Nickel Creek, but he's doing a solo gig, and I am currently loving the ultra-top-secret disc I have in my car from their release to come in August. The bennies of living with someone at a label. He should be great. Tuesday I fly to OREGON. Good grief - never been THERE. I'm visiting pals, and I will share more on them later, as there is still daylight and I must get back to enjoying it.
Saturday, June 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment