Monday, June 13, 2005

What's great about...today

Today was an extremely sucky day. Can I say that? I got in from Oregon at 12:40 last night, then got up too early for my exhausted, travel-weary body to go to my "Great Books" workshop at 9 - and my car wouldn't start. Long story short - jumped it off TWICE today, took it to the VW dealership who offered to put in a new battery for the LOW LOW PRICE of ONLY $210!!! Even I knew enough to know that was a RIPoff. Let me just say now how much I HATE the Cool Springs VW dealership. Hallmark Volkswagen - do not EVER go there for any reason whatsoever. Tell them I didn't send you.
SO- what's good? I met Jeanne and Mitch and kids at Vance and Di's pool after workshop and car chaos, had lovely visit with them and Vance and Di, came home to luxuriously big apartment that I have to myself tonight, and just vegged to news about the Michael Jackson verdict. No, I'm not at all surprised. Really. They picked the wrong plaintiff to make their case stick. That's all I'll say about THAT disaster.
So now I'm back in TN - home again, home again... and I miss Bend and the fun freedom I had there, living vicariously through Lil's life, LOVING little Maddie - 18 months and such a little ANGEL! STRAIGHT from HEAVEN!!! Gosh I love her to pieces. And speaking of children I love to pieces, Ryan Wilson of Parker CO sent me a picture today, the day of ALL days that I needed something good, and just said (in many bright colors) "Carlyn (sp) - I love you! Ryan." Gosh, did I need that.
And that, my friends, is what is great about today.

No comments: