Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Slippin, slippin, slippin...

Back in it. School, that is. There are sOOOO many things to be on top of as a teacher - I will not bore you with the details, but suffice it to say that after 2 days of professional development, exactly "zero" minutes have been alotted to planning for my classroom - it's been insane the amount of stuff we need to take care of before we even get to think about "teaching." I've worked 13 and 12 hours, respectively, the last two days, and I'm tired - it's a shock to my summer system that had become so comfortable. :)

Good to know that Lil is reading here - thank you for that :) I heard the names "Olivia" and "Genevieve' from a colleague this week - love em both, if you have a girl. (Lil will have her second child sometime this month and she and hubby Dave are hopelessly lost on names for either boys or girls. I'm supposed to throw out names for either sex whenever i come across good ones. Of course "good" is a very relative term when it comes to naming babies, pets, etc.)

I love my apartment. However, I don't know if living alone is doing it, but I am struggling with loneliness as much as I ever have. It is stifling some days the stuffiness of being alone. I'm trying to plan this trip to Mexico in January, and I'm 50% towards cancelling it because I'm just so sick of traveling alone. And I love traveling so much- but I'm tired and sad and after returning from 9 days in Colorado, all those people asking "so why did you move again?" and "so was the move worth it?" - well, those questions ring in my mind and the answers that come to mind/heart aren't really all that content right now. I left a good place for what I hoped would be a good place.

Well, I'm reading Harry Potter 5 (again) and frankly that is more interesting than being sad, so I'm getting back to that. If anyone other than Lil reads this and you have good baby names, give em to me and I'll send them on.

August 11. Geez. WHERE does the time go...

No comments: