Today I took a sick day - 3 weeks into the school year and I'm already taking a day off. It was a hard week - what can I say. Wednesday night I cried so hard that Thursday morning my cheeks were swollen nicely under my eyes - I probably looked closer to my age than I usually do - my very advanced age, I might add. I called for a sub for Friday first thing Thursday morning - well, actually, after the third "wake up, Miss G" comment. I slept twelve hours last night. Seriously f-ed up dreams, too. Resurrected Grandfather and dying babies. Mmmm. I should write a screenplay.
I filled out an online application to adopt a dog tonight - (is that how lonely I am? Apparently so.) I'm not actually ready for one today, but I think after golf coaching is done the end of September, I'm going to have my schedule leveled out enough to come home to a sweet dog. I'm hoping for a beagle mix of some sort - I'll definitely go through a shelter or rescue.
The weather is stormy - fits my mood perfectly. My goal for the weekend is to attend a church service. And... read a book I've been needing to read for school. And sleep. And not cry. Much. And research dog ownership.
I have a myspace thingy now - I don't know what to do with it, though. I'm too shy to just comment on people. You can see it at myspace.com/carlensvw. Someone already took "carlen" - she's a 22-year old fashion major in NYC who has an internship with Vera Wang this year. A much cooler Carlen than I. Sigh.
Friday, August 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment