
These are the guys that moved me into my new place. Two days worth of lugging my shit from storage to van/trailer to my upstairs apartment... strangers, mind you. Not being paid, other than with margaritas the first night and pizza and beer the second. These guys are amazing. So gracious, selfless, funny, kind. Their band is called Farewell Flight, and I really like their music, by the way, and they're supposed to be coming back to Nashville in April, so here's hopin' I actually get to hear them play. From left, it's Marc, Luke, Timmy, and Robbe down front. (Glamorous shot, no?)
I also had help from the friends in my small group, and from my good friend Sonja, and I felt SOOOO blessed by all the help. But having people who've just met you help you MOVE - that deserves a picture on my blog. (Mitch was recording them that week in the studio, by the way.)
School is crazy. Things are going well, and I'm feeling better about my teaching, but I'm on hold with knowing if there is a position for me there next year. I'm scared. I want to be there. But there are job postings up for other schools right now that I could be pursuing, and so far, I'm not, because I'm holding out hope that Brentwood will have a place for me. My evaluations so far have been great - really good. So I should feel good, right? Ugh. It's such a crap shoot. I don't know what to do. "Look out for myself" - yeah, I know. TIme's ticking. It seems like they won't offer me anything, if there is anything, until my eval. process is done at the end of April. I need to wise, but I'm feeling kind of immobilized. I don't know.
I'm off to plan plan plan, because with the possibility of being dropped in on for an observation any day over the next month, I need to step up my game.

2 comments:
can they strategically play a show in the city when i'm moving? that would be a-mazing. you are awesome friend. keep doin what you're doin.
Dammit! I'm so jealous of your movers! No fair! No fair! (okay, I'm trying to calm down. ) :):):)
Post a Comment