Just been sort of busy and not real up on reflection. I've just turned a corner or something, and felt better about LIFE, really, and I've just taken off with that and poured myself into work in a good way, and focused my energy on finding a SWEET apartment, and now I've got a move date in 8 days. Wow- writing that just gave me a start. That's SO SOON. I've been living out of my suitcase for 8 1/2 weeks now, and living with all my stuff in storage for nearly 8 1/2 MONTHS. Man. I did not ever think I could've forseen that. Never would've predicted I'd survive THAT with any kind of sanity. I mean, I'm a nester. I like my stuff. A lot. I can be an introvert. Need alone time. And um, yeah. Not a ton of alone time the last 8 months (see previous blogs regarding living in LA, Denver, Greenville, and now Nashville.) What a journey I have been on, and continue to be on.I was formally observed by the principal today - he came in and watched me teach one of my freshman classes. I think it went really well. You know, not perfect. But the kids were really into it - it was a review game for the test on the Odyssey tomorrow - a story that deals with themes of finding one's identity and journeying both internally and externally into self and towards "home," whatever that is. (Hmm. Irony?) ANYway, I think I will know soon if they can offer me a full time position next year - it will be based on student enrollment, and I think I've got enough people saying good things about me... we'll see. I'll definitely write here when I know something, good or bad. It's weird that I really want this now. After the extreme challenges of my first 6 weeks there, it's strange to find myself so - this is a weird word - "content." And challenged. And like - happy when I'm there. Oh, not all the time. There are a couple kids I could drop-kick right now. But yeah - it's good. Crazy how that has happened.
SO - in the midst of all THAT goodness, I'm flooded with even MORE as I get to go to Austin, TX this weekend to hang with my FABULOUS friends Brance and Carson, and we are doing South by Southwest things, and I could not be more excited. Now that my observation is over, I find myself writing down outfits to pack and brainstorming rides to/from the airport. I can't believe I get to do this. (For any of you who don't know, it's film and music stuff, for a couple of weeks, and we're doing opening weekend stuff.) And my friends are flying me there. They told me when I say them at Christmas that they wanted me to come... and they were not kidding. I'm doing it. I'm so freaking lucky.
That's the update, peeps. Thanks for the gentle and not-so-gentle nudges to put something on here. This is more like an itinerary for the next two weeks than anything interesting - I'll be more insightful soon. Really. When I'm typing from my OWN, GLORIOUS, 9-foot ceiling-ed apartment.


1 comment:
good to hear from you! I have really wanted to catch up soon. Kinda in the middle of it with the remodel and touring. We'll do something soon, eh?
Post a Comment