It's been a doozy of a ... few weeks. I'm just catching my breath on this Friday afternoon, busy distracting my brain with a major clean-out of my bathroom-products-fixation, and shortly, to work on my overflowing-with-shit-I-don't-wear-or-wear-but-feel-like-shit-in closet. I had a friend over this week who noted from my REFRIGERATOR - mind you, he did not see my closet(s) or storage unit - that I am a "hoarder." Then he went on to turn it into a compliment (of sorts) after I noted, from my fridge, that I like to keep memories in tangible form, and he said it was like I was this giant BRAIN with all this information stored away, and I thought, "Well, I won't turn down someone saying I am a giant BRAIN, because that seems like a good thing." But it made me look at my apartment with fresh eyes, and it's too small for all the STUFF I have, and I don't want to be so CLUTTERED, and I think all the clutter is maybe what keeps me from seeing my life, and my SELF, clearly.
So I'm cleaning out.
Two FULL Target bags of bathroom stuff, so far. Some of this stuff could probably be of use to someone -screw it - it's gone. You missed out. I can't live in this clutter any longer.
I'm hoping that by Sunday night, after I've cleaned and sorted, and graded 100+ papers I need to grade, and gone on three gloriously long walks, and had a uber-fun night out with my friend Jude, that I will feel accomplished and clearer and smarter and better about myself.
That is the plan, anyway.
Friday, September 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment