The new home has pictures on the walls and curtains on the windows. It is - my home now. And no, it still hasn't "hit" me - I think that is what the 1st mortgage payment is for on September 1. But I am thankful for time to be in it without having to go to work, to run endless errands for the things I buy but then have to return to make everything feel "just right." It's getting there. By the time you come over, you slacker-of-a-reader, you, it should be darn near perfect.
I start back to school on Thursday, so I have two days left to just "be" without having the obligation of showing up to school "prepared" and all. It has been the best summer I've had in so very many summers. Really. I am so thankful. I've had two really great roadtrips of 8-10 days each, multiple days by the pool with great friends, a relatively smooth move into a new home, a really amazing new home to move into, a couple of dates that I was pretty darned excited about, and oh - what? Did that get your attention? Well, there will be more on that later. Suffice it to say that long-distance communication has its advantages and its drawbacks. But this new person has contributed greatly to this being a very fun summer for me. And again, I'm thankful.
When will I write again? Hopefully pretty soon, as i have been bitten by the writing bug in this last few days (of course, as my free time is about to give way to regular work hours) and I'm feeling excited about diving in to an screenplay idea I've had simmering on the backburner for awhile now. And of course, the blog is a refuge of venting and a tool of procrastination - well, of course you're bound to see more of me. So you've got THAT to look forward to. As do I.
Monday, August 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
more new person please!
Post a Comment