Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snow Days

Just got the call, this Sunday afternoon, that we're getting another snow day tomorrow. Friday morning a snowstorm began in Nashville that was the biggest we've had in years. I got right at six inches here at my little abode. It snowed for 24 hours straight, and it was so incredibly beautiful. It was good for my soul, as crazy as that may sound.

So another four day weekend this January. We got a Thursday and Friday snow day package at the beginning of the month. It is pretty funny considering how much worse I had to drive through when I was living in Colorado. They're just not equipped to clear the side roads here in Tennessee. So I'm benefitting with time off, and I gotta say, as great as this semester has gone thus far with my students, a day off is still coveted and sweet to receive.

This winter has been a tough one for me. I have come home many days from school and gone straight. To. Bed. Thinking sometimes throughout the day how much I couldn't wait to get home to my bed. Then of course, I wake up two hours later, eat dinner, and then can't go to sleep at a normal time. The cycle continues. But it's getting better. Haven't napped this three-day weekend (now four...) Have watched too much TV, staying in my jammies and being quite consciously thankful for my working heat and electricity. Kind of hermit-ish behavior, but it's OK. Everybody's been snowed in. Life-or-death warnings from the newscasters not to go out unless it's absolutely necessary. I will comply.

Just checking in, as I haven't posted in 2010 yet. Hmm. Should probably start being a little more deliberate in writing. In living, really. And that's a whole other post in itself, isn't it?

No comments: