Saturday, March 06, 2010

Weekend



Ah, it's been good thus far, to see the SUN again in Nashville. I think it has been absent from 2010 almost entirely. Today was bliss as I finished reading Donald Miller's latest book (very inspiring, btw) while sitting outside, letting the sun turn my nose a little pink. Yes, I got sun today. It was bliss.

Now I'm watching SpiderMan 3, the one with Sandman, which I've NEVER SEEN, I am embarrassed to say. Good so far - about 40 minutes in - Harry thinks he and Peter and MJ are all good friends he would give his life for after his near death experience with Peter... we shall see how long that memory lasts, eh?

Glorious talk with my friend C in Austin tonight. It's been too long. Mom of my godson she is - can't wait to see them all this summer. Plans are shaping up for summer travel, and plans are looking GOOD. Like I won't be in Nashville much, and I am OK with that. Good Colorado time, followed by roadtrip from Colorado to Destin, FL (that's right - CO to FL) and then a lil trip to Austin in the works. God, I love summer. I will turn off the AC for the summer at my house and just TRAVEL. Yes, I love it.

Bought a new car this week. Seriously love it - never dreamed I would drive such a nice car. It's a 2008 Honda Civic EX Navi, which means it has a moonroof and a navigator, and power everything, it's a 5-speed manual, and it is SLEEK - and awesome. I am truly grateful. My car that I loved much was on the very edge of explosion, frankly, so it is good to be free of that worry. The picture posted is a google image photo - not actually my car, but how it looks. But it has a moonroof (bad ASS.)

I am happy. It is official. Spring is coming, summer is on its heels, and life is good. Thank you, God, sunshine, and hope.

1 comment:

Butterfly Charlie said...

Nice car! I'm glad you're happy; there's just something so hopeful about the spring isn't there? The sun was out at the weekend over here in a completely cloudless sky and it just made *everything* OK.