
Got another completely surprising "I read your blog" moment this weekend. Totally "trippy" is the word that comes to mind. Seriously. I have no idea how she found me. :) I forgot to ask.
I put my blog address on my Facebook profile for a couple of days, and then took it off out of fear... that people would read it. How bizarre am I? Most people crave lots of readers. But I don't want the crazy to get too far out there. The more people that believe my calm, cool exterior, the better.
Sorry, I had to recover from my laughing fit. OK, so it's a week since my last post, and it's been an eventful one. I've decided to do Script Frenzy again, as you can see by my icon to the right. Thirty days to crank out a screenplay - a 100-minute movie. I have NO CLUE what I'm going to write about. And therein lies the fun. I will figure that out tomorrow, the day before I have to start writing the thing. Oh, how I love a challenge with a deadline!
I also went on that retreat I mentioned in my last post, and it was... I don't want to choose too dramatic, nor too weak a word. It was good for me. It started out as I thought it would: difficult. I was pissy. I felt annoyed, and frankly, I was a little cynical that I could really - not learn something, but be shown anything new. And I am happy to report that I was wrong. It was a gift. I felt like my plea to the heavens was heard. I got something new, something true. And it felt so, so good.
So now I cling to that. I'm reminded of Wilderness Ranch, where we used to talk about kids having "mountaintop experiences," which was both literal and figurative there. This was certainly mountaintop for me, and I don't want to forget how God met me. It's quite remarkable, really, that as closed as I felt going in, I opened my heart up just enough to get what I so badly needed.
Big sigh. Big thankfulness. New hope.

1 comment:
Good. :)
Post a Comment