Monday, August 02, 2010

On a Roll. Why not?

Monday night, and I'm hanging out at home, a little bummed that both of my social engagements for today got canceled. (What are the odds?) A STRANGE episode of sickness, that I can now trace, I believe, to an onslaught of new vitamins I took this morning), made me back out of tonight (boo!) and my lunch date was canceled by a sick child. :( Anyway, I am feeling better, and thankful for the burst of energy I felt this afternoon to clean out my hall closet. Just tackling those household projects, you know, just in time for school to start.

Have to admit I've been watching "The Bachelorette" this summer, and I'm pretty psyched to see the show tonight - I think it's the finale? Anyway, it's tonight or next week. Normally I would care about such distinctions... I'm evolving, right?

My parents' 42nd anniversary is tomorrow, so that's pretty cool! I'm going to call them in a minute here and make sure they're doing something fun tomorrow.

Still no idea for my birthday. Come on, people. I need help.

And still no word from the counselor. But my friend B is SOOO insightful into my mindset, and reminded me today that "bigger things are at work. Don't look for a reason or excuse to sabotage anything before it starts...We can always find a way to get out of something that we're already hesitant to do." Thank you, God, for wise friends who care enough to remind me of truth. I'm not giving up. (Yet.) :)

No comments: