That's the Beatles, in case you couldn't recognize it. So it's official that I am ready for summer. That my tax refund is going to make it possible for me to NOT have to get a part-time job in June and July to make ends meet while not teaching. That the pool is open and I just spent THREE HOURS in a lounge chair reading a Christian romance novel that a friend loaned me, and I finally have color on my body, except for my neck which is still white because I was looking down at a book the entire time. Oops.
I know, I know. A Christian romance novel? I am clearly desperate for some sort of word from the Lord, regardless of the source. It's a parable of Hosea and his wife the prostitute, you know, really about God's love for us, and I figure that the extent of God's love for me personally needs to get into my head, heart, whatever, in whatever way it can manage. It's not completely miserable reading it. I just keep thinking that it's a backdoor way of spending time with God. Right?...
It's been a GORGEOUS day. I went to Wal-Mart this morning with TAWNY, the girl from work who I thought lived to make me miserable (see previous posts in October, November, December - pretty much all of them.) We got a dorm fridge for my classroom. Psyched about that, as I can now keep cold caffeine (Diet Coke) at the ready, any time. Makes life better. She actually said today as I thanked her again for taking me (the box wouldn't fit in my Bug - she has an SUV) "Oh, no problem. It's just good to hang out." I stood amazed. And thankful for the healing that time can bring. Wow.
The sun's supposed to come again tomorrow. I'm looking forward to more of the same. After church, of course. Or maybe I'll just spend more time with my romance-with-God novel. We'll see.
Quote of the week, from Mitch's margarita-filled birthday party: "Oh, it's all good. Austin's driving!" - my defense of drinking four in the span of about twenty minutes, referring to my designated driving friend AUTUMN. She likes this new nickname best.
Saturday, April 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment