Saturday, May 07, 2005

A good May day

A perfect day - slept in a bit, got up and drank good coffee, and then welcomed my good friend Sonja to a day of decadence by the pool. Filled up some nalgene bottles with coke for her, diet cherry vanilla dr. pepper for me (can I get another adjective on that drink, please?) and sat out at a KID-FREE (!) pool for a couple hours. Came in, cleaned up a bit, ate PB&J's, then went to the Gap and bought three new shirts, $4.99 each. Guilt-free shopping. Home for a nap - then shower and out to eat with my friend's mom, who just moved into the apartment building right across from mine a few months ago. We've just really hung out a couple of times now, and tonight we went out just the two of us to my fave restaurant, Las Palmas. Her first time, and I was pleased to initiate her to the best porch in town. The half-pitcher of margs was perfect for the two of us, though I think I drank more, and there is just something pretty great about talking to someone who's been through a lot more shit than you have, especially when you feel like you've seen it all. The wisdom that experience brings... God definitely uses people to speak truth and hope into our lives when we need it most. I'm thankful for the people I get to meet now and again, thankful for the way that different people enrich my life in their own unique ways.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day, and I'll be talking to Mama and Nana, and I'm hoping my package got to them on time, and I'm thinking I will have a low-key day as all my friends who are moms get majorly and justly celebrated. May 8 is the anniversary of my college graduation date - very memorable date, you know. It's been... several years. If I write the number of years, I will officially freak out. Suffice it to say, I'm pretty damn old. And you know, I really am OK with that today. (Get back to me in a few days.)

I'm off to indulge my movie need... I'm thinking comedy... I'm thinking popcorn with butter and parmesan, I'm thinking pj pants and care bear slippers and a diet c.v.dr.p. The good life.

No comments: