Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Tomorrow I ride

Last night in Nashville -I moved out of my classroom this morning (tear) OK not really - and I ran a bajillion errands. Tomorrow I go to Ft. Worth solo to pick up my friend Carson - we've known each other for oh - 12 years or so. She's an Austin girl - married one of my favorite guys of all time - while they were engaged, I lived in Boulder where he did, and she was living in Denver, and my nickname was "the mistress." I know - I'm so ashamed. We just hung out all the time, because he's quality people, and as you well know, so am I, and now they've been married many years and live in Austin with their gorgeous two-year old Mercer. And I am so amazingly lucky that she wants to ride out to LA with me. SUCH a cool thing.

My car, a VW Beetle, is super packed right now - luckily, Carson is willing to wear only her swimsuit and bring a toothbrush for the entire trip! So nice. No, actually, she made deviled eggs because she knows how much I love them - now THAT is a good friend. A good friend with damn fine Southern roots, thank you very much.

So I'm hanging at Jeanne and Mitch's, watching "Project Runway" and drinking Merlot, calming my nerves and getting my mind off of finding a job and a place to live. Ah, it's working. I'll worry tomorrow. (But if you know anyone in LA...)

I will keep you posted on the next steps - they are baby steps at best, because I can't see very far ahead of me, just the next step. My understanding is that is all you need - but MAN, is that hard. :)

No comments: