Blogger switched to Google and it's giving me crap when I try to sign in to my own freakin blog. And my profile said I was 250 years old and born in the year of the "Rat." Well, I'm no Chinese horoscope girl, but I KNOW I'm a year of the Dog person. Not that in any way/shape/form care to have that displayed on here. So now hopefully that's fixed and I can write here whenever I flippin' want to. There's a concept for ya.
Feelin kinda sassy today - can you tell? Yeah. It's Sunday. December will be here on Friday. I cannot believe it. Time is flying by. I am not happy about it. I did not think I would still be living in my parents' house this late in the game. At this point, it just makes sense to accept being here at least through Christmas, as I'd have to be here for all that anyway.
I'm spending a lot of my think time on what-if's of where I want to be. It's not been very productive, as evidenced by where I am (in the bedroom of my childhood.) Things have picked up in the last week with subbing and getting some babysitting gigs, so that is helping me out a lot financially, but even more importantly, mentally, because it's giving me purpose in my days, which helps me be more productive in my off time (surely you understand that phenomenon.) Last night, one of my two friends here in Greenville (they're married to each other) told me that I will be a good writer because I have heart - and I really appreciated that - in fact, I took it to heart. It made me feel a bit more hopeful about digging into my ideas for screenplays - not just journaling and blogging, which count as writing, and yes, I love them, but I know I want more!
So tomorrow begins a new week. And I desperately need a plan to work towards - a move in my near future is an absolute must. I am too independent and enjoy my space and solitude too much to last here much longer.
Umm... finally saw Stranger Than Fiction Friday with my mom. She didn't like it because "Will Ferrell wasn't fall-down funny." Well, duh. I liked it, not loved it, because it was to me, completely unique and original in concept. I loved Emma Thompson's tortured writer because frankly, I get that.
I'm going to try to organize my 8X8 living space now - oh yes, it's tiny. So very cramped... *help.*
Sunday, November 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I am a huge fan of Emma Thompson! Can't wait to see that. Lots I'm looking forward to. Took the kids to "Flushed Away." If you're in for something cute and funny.
We'll see "Happy Feet" this week, and I'm still hoping to see "Catch A Fire."
I hope you're well! I've gotta send more pics of the house. Holy crap.
Gosh, YEAH what I've seen of your house so far is "holy crap"-worthy, indeed.
Hail to Emma. She's amazing.
Thanks for the movie recs. I think Happy Feet might be next for me, too.
Send me pics soon!
Excited to find out what the future holds for you.
And I love that you knew your profile was wrong because you knew you weren't born in the year of the rat, not that you weren't 250 years old! :)
(And Amy trashes Happy Feet on her blog. Too preachy about the environment, she says.)
YEAH, Allison, I read Amy's blog, too, and it changed my mind about Happy Feet. Bummer.
GIRL. Hope school is treating you right! See you around. :)
Post a Comment