Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Pro's and Con's - The Latest Plan


On days when I don't get a sub job, I sleep in, and mosey on in to Starbucks early afternoon for a couple of hours of reading/writing/strategizing time. Strategizing is basically figuring out how much money I have, will have, and therefore, determine the earliest possible date that I can move. I also do pro's and con's lists for moving to Nashville or to Denver. (It's fairly even, usually.)

So today I stumbled upon a plan I like, but will take some tweaking: move to Nashville and sub in Williamson and Davidson counties (which should provide consistent, daily employment) for the remainder of the school year, and while I'm there, figure out if I'm liking being there or want to go back to Denver. In case you're wondering why the draw back to Denver - well, the pay there is RIDICULOUS. Like, 5 thousand more a year - right now - than what I'd make in TN. It's tempting. And of course, when I left CO, I was happy there - things were great - I was just looking for an adventure for my restless spirit (aahh... damn you, restless spirit. Gets me into trouble. A lot.)

ANYwho. I feel like Nashville is where I want to be for a while. I know people there, there are things to do there, all my CRAP is there right now (that's big in the "pro's " column, frankly.) Yeah, I'm just wading through the paperwork requirements of the two districts, trying to prepare for a mid-December trip there to get things in order.

I'm not sure where I'll live yet - I'm putting the word out: if you know anyone who needs a roomie or has a garage apartment... you know the routine. Shoot me a line. Call me. It can be temporary to not-so-temporary. I'm open to hearing all offers. No pets, no drama. That's my new mantra for finding a place to live. When I send emails on Craigslist, that's what I'm going to sign off with.

No pets, no drama.