My good friend/writing sistah Amy over at godispatientiamnot.blogspot.com tried to comment on my dark and gloomy sad-girl post a few days ago, but Blogger thwarted her. So she sent some wisdom via email, and I lost it because I forgot to save it after showing it to a friend, so I wrote her to resend it, and after reading it again, I decided it needed to make it into the text of my blog for posterity sake. And because who knows: somebody else might be encouraged by it, too. (I've been encouraged by other people's blogs AND the comments from people I don't know on their blogs - hey people - I will take it wherever I can get it.)
SO.
Here is the wit and wisdom of Amy the Screenwriter.
A few things about your lastest post:
>
> 1. people who have jobs that fulfill them and jobs
> that they love are lying about some part of it.
> They're just frontin', really. :)
>
> 2. If you got to the light at the end of the tunnel,
> you'd technically be dead, because it's the END of
> the
> tunnel. :)
>
> 3. Somewhere in the Bible it recommends that you
> focus
> only on today, not yesterday, and not tomorrow.
> Which
> blows. But try it anyway (don't worry, I'm smacking
> myself for you.)
>
> 4. I'm always jealous of people in your state of
> transition for precisely the reasons that scare you
> -
> your whole life is in front of you! ANYTHING can
> happen! It's exciting not to be locked into a
> routine! Because ANYTHING could happen !
>
> 5. God's not mad at you. He's mad at me. HA!
> KIDDING!
>
> 6. Nobody ever knows God the way they think they do,
> so cut yourself some slack. Because God loves to
> surprise people.
>
> 7. If at all possible, take a long bath at the
> housesitting house, 'cause you don't have to pay the
> water bill. Then take a nap. Then take a walk.
> Then
> tell God honestly what's going on (you're allowed to
> swear. He knows I'm telling you that, that's why
> He's
> mad at me.) Then listen. Listen some more. Listen
> again. Then go write. Doesn't have to be your
> script, it could be goals or a picture of what you
> want your life to look like. Just try it. It's all
> about baby steps.
>
Pretty good stuff, eh? She likes to be all humble and crap, but I think she's got just the measured amount of optimism and faith that I can take at this point. I swear when I learn how to link, I am TOTALLY linking to her blog. She rocks.
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
i just need to find a house to sit. :)
Baths are calming - I took one last night. Amy is full of wisdom - listen to her. :)
GACK! I am MORTIFIED!
(okay, and secretly pleased.)
YELP YELP YELP! I'M OFF TO STICK MY HEAD IN THE SAND!
(still pleased that I helped somebody.)
NOTHING TO SEE HERE, MOVE ALONG, MOVE ALONG!
:):):):):):)
Post a Comment