
Yesterday was a big day with the impending interview, and after babysitting a bit in the morning, I went home for a quick shower. As I took off my jeans, I thought - hmmm. I've got time for one more cigarette before I get in the shower. So as I'm pulling on my light-weight pool skirt to hang out on the hot porch, I notice through the sliding glass door that there is a tow truck angled behind my car. One of those trucks with the long ramp on it. I rush outside and the guy looks up at me as he's lowering the ramp.
Me: "Um. HeLLO!!"
Guy: "I like to've never found ya! I was on the other side of the property!"
Me: "I'm sorry - what?"
Guy: "I'm taking you down to the VW dealership, yeah?"
Me: "No! That's not me."
Guy: "Isn't this Ellington Circle?"
Me: "No, this is Oakley Drive."
Guy: "Oh. Sorry 'bout that!"
Holy crap. As my friends who heard this story in person said, "So smoking's a GOOD thing!" Well, it sure saved my a** in this case. Yeah.

No comments:
Post a Comment