Thursday, July 12, 2007

No job yet...

The Brentwood principal had canceled all the interviews for the day except mine. She had filled the position a couple of weeks ago with a friend from Centennial High School, but still wanted to meet with me (I'm sure because of my kick-a** recommendation from the principal next door) for a vacancy she may have in a week or so. It was encouraging to meet with her - I felt like I was her "colleague" and not some schlep looking for a job, any job. I felt encouraged - she even told me I should consider applying for the post at CHS even though it's for SENIORS because the English department is so good there, as well as the principal.

Praying about that - and she mentioned there would be many new postings on the website soon since the budgets finalize in July and they'll know where they need to hire new teachers. It's an unsettling feeling that school starts so soon and I don't know where I'll be... my heart says to hold on, so that's what I'm doing.