Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Baby steps

I quit smoking last night - I have no cigarettes anywhere - and I'm two hours from the 24 hour mark. That's HUGE for me. I went through a lot of triggers today (like, waking up) when I usually have a cigarette, so - one day at a time. Seriously.

Update on feelings about last post:

I'm sick of being alone. I am not wrapping my mind around the OK-ness of being alone right now. Just not feeling it. I go through seasons. This is a bad one. That's it. It'll pass.

Also, with the whole real-estate purchase: dealing with all the regret of the things I've given up buying the place that I did, mainly, a porch/patio/balcony/yard - I'll have nowhere to hang outside, literally, but my driveway. Kind if sucks, but of course, not being a smoker anymore - it won't be as big of a deal. My friend L reminded me that no place has everything you want, so I'm just trying to tell myself that I made the right decision.

Taking a sick day tomorrow because "sick" doesn't even cover it right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am excited you have quit smoking! Stick with it and know you have a ton of supporters! I am sorry you are sick on top of it though. As for the new purchase, you will love having a place of your own and your friend is right, no place is perfect. BUT it will be yours so if you want to paint it orange, you can. Love ya girl!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new home! And on quitting smoking. I go through phases of dealing with my situation really well before falling quite hard off that happy cloud. Up, down, round and round...

But you have a new home and have made a decision to quit a habit. Take a deep breath and look on those as positive changes and try and enjoy them.

But i know.....easier said than done, eh? x