Just home from Las Palmas, home of the perfectly cheap and buzz-inducing margarita (forgive any typos, please.) Ah, the season is upon us - the time when we can sit on the patio and enjoy those oddly green delicacies we love so much - we being the informed, blessed people of the Franklin/Nashville community who know that Las P's is the shiite for margs and fellowship with loved ones. I don't believe I've written about LP's, though it played an integral part in my feeling connected to this new place when I moved here this summer. I can't explain it - it's just the place that everyone has to go, at least once, when they come to visit me. (Ahhh...)
My friends are good - there was much laughing, and children were quite a focal point, with Paton as team leader (age 9) and Evan and Ella her adoring fans/followers. There were spilled drinks, broken ice cream dishes with bare feet (no ow-ies - whew), and smiling baby Max making me feel like a million bucks. (He clearly has a crush on me, even at 4 months.) So I'm feeling the warmth from knowing that many good weekly hangs are quickly approaching (no wait - I think I'm feeling the margs...) Anyway, it was JUST what I needed after working on a computer class project til almost 6 oclock tonight after getting to work at 7 this am. I'm ti-red. (Waah.)
The Amazing Race is on - I started watching this season b/c yes, I have a connection. Kelly of "Ron and Kelly" is the daughter of one my mom's bridge buddies - they've been friends since I was in pre-K. Kelly is younger than I - I babysat her a bit when a young teen - now she's a former Miss South Carolina in this TV show b/c she hooked up with this POW at some benefit thing. She's kind of an airhead, and thankfully, the show has not really highlighted that point (yet. Here's hoping.) If you've watched, you know Rob and Amber from Survivor are quite the presence, and yes, I can't stand them either. I think I like the "boyfriends" the best - they are smart, funny, and entertaining to watch. The brothers are a little lackadaisical for me, the old couple is too "cute", Ray and Deanna are so depressing the way he belittles her, and Ron and Kelly: love ya, love your mom, but you make for boring television. (Uchenna and Joyce are probably going to win - like them - still not my fave.)
AWWW! Quick edit update - I DO like the old couple now - they were last, but it was a non-elimination leg of the race, so they're still in it, but had to give up ALL of their possessions, including $, and they only have the clothes on their backs and their passports. The sappy but heartfelt things they said about "all they really need is each other... you got me.)
OKEYDOKE - I'm off to rest my brain from too much computer project and just shy of enough margaritas. :)
WAIT A MINUTE!! It's a two hour special! What have I done to deserve this? Thank you, thank you.
Tuesday, March 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wonderful imbibing with you this evening. Friends do make life better, don't they? Glad to count you as one.
Did I mention how much I love the hangover from those damn margaritas?
I don't get hangovers. I must be livin' right.
Glad to count you, too. Thanks. :)
Post a Comment