Sunday, March 06, 2005

I am the Nightwatchman

It has been one of those weekends of downtime - I didn't get a single paper graded, and I actually didn't think about it until this evening. Oops. Autumn came over last night, on a day when I got out of bed at 1:15 pm to start my day (I'd been up til 3 the night before)...feeling like 2 bucks, and then talked and watched sex and the city season 3 for hours. She left at 2 am, and I proceeded to get back to my reading til 5:15 am. Please tell me how one gets their bodies into such weird sleep patterns, or rather, how to get out. I am living like I'm the nightwatchman, but I don't think I'm on watch for much of anything. I am currently trying to make plans for spring break, and I am considering all reasonable suggestions. Cash is tight, but change is needed. (Not pocket change, but actual CHANGE.) I'll let you know what AOL Travel turns up for me. At this point, I may just need to take some papers to grade and head for a cabin in Murfreesboro or something. At least I'd feel like I was getting away for a bit. (Does anyone have a cabin in Murfreesboro I could rent out for a few days?)

In entertainment news, I heard that Showtime is scrambling their signal tomorrow night so that if you have regular cable, you can still tune in for Kirstie Alley's FAT ACTRESS. It seems sort of like those wrecks that you can't seem to turn away from. I may have to watch.

I'm off to even more blissful sleep, I hope, and do hope you all have a wonderful week.

No comments: