
Today I spent a pretty big chunk of change. And it has been SO fun. I got the $8000 first time homebuyers tax credit, which comes in the form of an actual CHECK for that amount, last summer. And I spent about 2 grand, and put the rest away for... well, my car was burning oil. My beloved VW Beetle was on its last leg (well, before $3-4,000 worth of repairs.) So I kept holding on to the money waiting on... well, waiting for my car to explode, frankly. Having to add a quart of oil every time I filled up my tank was getting unsettling... so I finally bucked up and bought my Honda. Which is AMAZING, and I'm still getting used to it. I feel like I'm driving someone else's car, even a month later, because it just seems too *nice.*
But back to today. It all connects, because after today, I feel like there is nothing easy or familiar right now, other than my 8-month old townhouse. (Meant to be ironic.) New car, new computer, and new phone. Yikes - big learning curve on major everyday things I use (yes, my car, too. Even it has a navigator that I have yet to navigate. Sad.) Anyway. I am NOT complaining. I am hugely thankful that I was able to save for these things that are - well, they're really nice. I'm hoping that buying "the best" will serve me well and last for a really long time, and be a smart investment. I feel confident of that right now, actually. And I'm thankful. Buyer's remorse isn't totally settling in. :)

So the Apple Store loves me, but at least I got the Educator's Discount and saved a couple hundred bucks, and my printer was only 30 bucks, after I get that $100 rebate... ugh. I spent a lot of cash. But wow. Typing this right now is such a pleasant experience. I'm excited for what else I might type.

No comments:
Post a Comment