Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Morning

The light of day and a solid 5 hours sleep brings clarity of thought, surprisingly. Last night I was sad about feeling rejected by these strange men I've never met. And I wrote about it. So that was good and needed. (*checking that off the list.*)

My latest conundrum is deciding if it is time for me to get a dog. The companionship would be great - and boy, am I drawn to other people's dogs. I had a vision last night of the joyful homecoming when my little (unidentified breed) dog would bouncingly greet me at the door, and me attaching his/her leash to his/her collar to go on a long walk, and the smile on my face that I wouldn't be able to hide because this dog and I would be bonded together, and he/she would make me so happy and make me feel so loved.

That's a pie in the sky vision. I don't know if I can take the guilt of leaving a dog at home for near 9 hours a day (minimum) while I'm at work 6:30 - 3:ish... do people do this all the time and I'm just overthinking it? Or am I just not meant to have a dog? Or do I have issues with committing SO MUCH that I cannot even truly commit to a dog???

Bah. Who knows. I'm looking at the end of June when I'm back from summer travel to consider dog ownership. I will keep you posted. It may be the only way I get to name something other than a car (haha.)

Wearing bright colors today, and sporting straightened, rock star hair and jewelry. Feeling better about myself, regardless of what strangers on some website think of me. What do they know?



Ordering this journal from Peter Pauper Press - love the first one I bought from them, and have blown through it in a record 3 months, 6 days (I usually take 6 months to fill a journal!) I got stuff to say, apparently.

No comments: